Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Unexpected Meeting

Three days in a row he was there when I arrived
Seemingly with something to say to me
Yet I wasn't sure if I should approach too quickly
Would that cause him to abruptly leave?

The silence was broken soon enough
As he chattered with intensity
He looked this way and that while the winds blew around us
What was he really saying to me?

I admired his attire of blue and black
Dark colours shone in the sunlight
Why had I never seen him there before
Morning, afternoon or night?














I visit this boat launch every day
With a keen awareness of my surroundings
So realized now this visitor was a new one
Why we met three days in a row was confounding!

With some research at home I was to discover
The meaning of the Grackle
As I grasped the significance of the message
My laugh became a cackle!

For the message of this fine bird
Has to do with perspective
Inviting me when embroiled in emotions
To become much more reflective!
Finding ways to relieve "congestion"
So that things could more appropriately flow
Feeling, releasing, opening, expressing
Until the dam of emotion lets go!

Surely this could not be my issue
Would I let things build and erupt unnecessarily?
Grackle seemed to think this was the case
And in the coming days I would more than see!

~ Elaine Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment