Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Completely New Beginning!

June 30, 2010

For the first time in my adult life I am free of all work commitments including formal employment, teaching, and speaking engagements, and anything related. Nor are there any plans for these in the near future! I feel liberated and excited, almost with a sense of disbelief! As well, for the first time in 38 years I am off for the summer! That may imply I have a plan in mind for the fall months, but I do not!

Awhile ago I became aware that it was important for me to take time to reflect deeply on my life, my purpose, and potentially come up with new direction now that I have departed from my formal career. It was pointed out to me that my writing is an effective tool for self-reflection and personal inspiration. On that basis I would do well to go aside and devote time to this inner exploration. I heartily agreed that this was worthy of my time and attention. Within my heart I welcomed the insights that would emerge, and potentially the transformation which would take place.

That was two months ago! Instead what has happened is something entirely different. I have contemplated writing, readied myself for it, written about taking the time to do it, but have not quite followed through. My dear friend Denyse recently reminded me that the summer goes by quickly! Along with this I began to notice additional places by the water, where one could easily relax, and write.





So as the month of June was about to become history, I decided to take the time for myself to write! As one who benefits from the presence of structure, although enjoying a sense of freedom, I decided to spend three hours a day writing, for the next 30 days. This, at the very least, is my focus for the month of July! When the calendar page turns to August, I will be able to look back and see how I have done!

Cheers everyone! Wish me well!









1 comment:

  1. beautifully expressed, you inspire me to live in the moment and connected to my truth, thank you Elaine!

    ReplyDelete