Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nature's Reflections

All around me the opportunity
for reflection abounds
The lake waters reflecting the rich landscape
I delight in making the rounds!

Rains have contributed to lush green growth
Earthy smells emanate from the forest
Does this mirror change within me
Which is right around the corner?

Plunging into the cool waters
At the beach on any given day
I experience relief and renewal
Summer warmth, I want you to stay!

For here I am presented with so many surprises
Twelve loons greeted me the other day
Mother duck and her ducklings
Make their home in the bay.
Nature's cornucopia
Pours forth rich garden crops
To remind us we are on planet earth
Mosquitoes never stop!
So what do these life giving scenes reflect
Of the person I am right now?
Is this awareness
Something I will allow?
With a grateful heart for this Paradise
I cannot help but see
That the exquisite beauty in Mother Earth
Is a reflection of the infinite beauty in everyone
Endless creativity in you and me!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your poems mom!!! :)
    Love you!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heathy! And thanks for being in the post on the beach!! Love you too!
    xoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete